Prof. Dr. Piek Vossen
I am a full Professor in Computational Lexicology at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, leading a group of enthusiastic researchers studying natural language processing. My contribution to Hybrid Intelligence is to develop systems that can communicate about the shared world and each other in order to collaborate. I am fascinated by the way we make reference through language to a shared world that we may perceive differently. Machines and people need to learn to communicate about the real-world situations that they encounter.
Roles in Hybrid Intelligence: PI, Executive Board Member, Supervisor, former co-coordinator of the Explainable HI research line
Hybrid Intelligence Research Objectives: Explainable HI, Collaborative HI
Hybrid Intelligence Projects:
- 03.UL Mining texts for perspectives in human-machine deliberation, (with Catholijn Jonker)
- 12.VU Identity, reference and perspective in personal communication models, (with Guszti Eiben and Mark Neerincx)
- 32 VU Trust as a relationship between social agents in a multimodal world
- 33 VU Contextualised Natural Language Generation within the framework of collaborative agents
- 2.1 Assistant for exploring scientific literature
- 2.4 Conversational memory and social-emotional interpretation
- 2.15 Sharing memories of activities and physical spaces through conversation
Research interests: Variation and ambiguity in language, language modelling and inferencing, event-centric knowledge graphs and situation semantics, language-grounding, communicative robots and other agents.
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
More information: https://vossen.info/